At one time, jailbreaks were so common that, every time Apple issued an update, we had a working utility almost straightaway. Since iOS 10, that has all changed. We have seen just one jailbreak for iOS 10, the very limited Yalu which wouldn’t work on the iPad, and nothing at all for iOS 11. This leaves most of us with no way of downloading Cydia and getting our favorite tweaks and apps.
Image : FtiOS iPad Download Tutorial
We do have some help , a series of third-party app installers have been released, each giving us back a little bit of Cydia. FtOS is a third-party app store, full of tweaks and modified apps, along with paid content for free. It works on any iPad compatible with iOS 10 and 11 and we’re going to show you how to install it on your iPad today.
How to Install FtOS on iPad :
Choose from one of these methods, both requiring Safari browser:
- Open Safari browser , Go to https://ftos.app [ copy-paste in browser ]
- Wait while the page loads and then tap the large UP arrow at the top right corner of your iPad screen
- When the new page loads, look at the bottom of the screen where you will see new options , tap Add to Home Screen
- Type FtOS into the box on the next screen so the icon has a name. Tap Add and close Safari
- The FtOS icon will be on your home screen . Watch the video below. Proceed to next steps.
Video: Shows you how to download FtOS on your iPad
After FtOS app is installed on Homescreen.
- Open the FtOS app and go to the iOS version of your device. Click on the download link.
- Wait for the information page to load and then tap on Install Directly , this ensures the profile can be successfully downloaded on your iPad
- Settings will open, tap the link to Install Profile and type in your passcode
- Safari opens, tap the link to Install FtOS
- Tap Install on the confirmation box and Settings will open again
- Tap Install > Next > Done
- When the installation process has finished, FtOS will be on your home screen
If you don’t see the icon, FtOS has not been installed; repeat the above steps again, carefully
Fix FtOS Crashing Issue :
Because of the nature of FtOS, Apple will not allow it to run for very long before they revoke the app certificate. When they do this, FtOS will crash and the apps and tweaks you installed will stop working. Reinstalling them all is the only way to get them back, but you can stop this from happening in the first place. NessTool is a VPN tool that protects your certificates, stopping Apple from revoking them. Find out how NessTool [ext link] works and how to download it by clicking the link.
Popular FtOS Apps :
FtOS is a popular installer with plenty to choose from and these are two of the more popular downloads from the installer:
Snapchat is an incredibly popular social media app, but it does have a few fundamental features missing. Snapchat++, a modified version of the popular app, has those extra features, including being able to spoof your location, have a much better recording strength, apply in-app customizations and much more. Check out the link to see what else Snapchat++ has to offer and how to download it through FtOS.
Many users will remember AirShou from when it was an incredibly popular screen recorder in Cydia. Now anyone can use it without having to jailbreak first and take advantage of one of the best screen recorders at our disposal. Compatible with all iPads on up to and including iOS 11, AirShou offers professional features for recording screen videos, including Full HD recording and stereo sound, along with many others, all wrapped up in a user-friendly app. Check out the link for more details on AirShou .
Popular FtOS Alternatives :
While FtOS is full of features, it can’t possibly offer everything that everyone wants. For that reason, there are a couple of alternatives that you can try:
AppValley has always been a popular installer, packed with paid apps for free, Cydia tweaks, and modified ++ apps, like Instagram++ and Pokémon Go++, alongside plenty of other apps and games. Find out how to download AppValley [ext link] by clicking the linked post
TweakBox is another feature-packed app installer, again packed with useful and fun content. The developers have placed all the apps and games into categories for you, so you can easily find what you want. Choose from Flash apps, iPhone apps, app store apps and Cydia tweaks, not to mention the modified ++ apps and games. Find out more by clicking the link and getting a TweakBox [ext link] download guide.
FtOS is a great alternative to Cydia but it isn’t a full replacement. Right now, we have no positive news on when or if there will be another jailbreak so try FtOS and tell us what you think of it. For more updates and other news, follow us on Facebook