FtOS is the latest in a long line of recent app installers, all designed to give us some of what we used to get from Cydia. Without a doubt, FtOS contains more content than any of the others, offering plenty of apps, games, premium content for free, even a few tweaks and modified apps. With the lack of jailbreaks around right now, so few people have access to Cydia [ext link] leaving the majority scrabbling around for another way to load up their favorite apps and tweaks.
Image : FtOS Download Tutorial
That’s where FtOS comes in. Although it is nowhere near as comprehensive as Cydia, it does offer us a decent alternative while we wait for the next jailbreak to be released. It is simple to use with all content sorted into categories to make it easy for you to find what you want. If you want to download FtOS to your device, keep reading for all the details.
How to Download FtOS :
There are two ways to download FtOS on your iPhone or iPad:
Method 1: Safari Browser
- Launch Safari browser on your device
- Go to ftosdownload.com
- On the loaded page, tap on the UP arrow , bottom center of your iPhone screen or top right on the iPad
- From the new options at the bottom of your screen, tap on Add to Home Screen
- Now type FtOS into the box to name the app icon . Tap on Add
- Shut Safari and the new FtOS icon will be on your home screen
Video: Tap to watch how these steps are done
Method 2: Configuration Profile
- Open Safari and visit this link [ File ]
- Tap on Install Directly to iOS Device on the page that loads
- Settings will open, tap Install Profile
- Type in your passcode and Safari will open
- Tap on Install TutuApp
- Tap Install when the confirmation window loads
- Settings will automatically open again, tap on Install > Next > Install
- Lastly, tap on Done and FtOS will be installed to your iPhone or iPad.
Should you run into trouble and need to remove FtOS from your device, full instructions can be found at the link below:
Are you going to use FtOS to download your apps and games through? Do let us know what you think of it – will it suffice while we wait for an update to Cydia ? Follow us on Facebook and we’ll keep you up to date with all the latest news.